Sunday, May 06, 2007

Books from my bookshelf



I'm working on a new project taking random books from my bookshelf, picking out sentences and making some new books. I say random, although so far I have chosen some of my favourites including The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley (the above is a first draft of page one).

I'm going to pick a good variety of both fiction and non-fiction. I think the non-fiction will be interesting (and maybe easier) to work on because I won't already have a picture in my mind of the story or characters.

With The Go-Between for example, a book I know very well, I started drawing a little boy and creating a scene for him but I scrapped that because it was too literal. I want these books to be inspired by the words I choose, not the story I already know.

1 comment:

  1. I love your books! I like you, have started embroidering phrases into my textiles. I keep a notebook on my bedside table and jot down phrases as a find them.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!