Thursday, June 14, 2007

Reconciling two styles

I have realised recently that I have two different styles; one is quite illustrative and one is very simple and graphic and these last two books (the one with the 'badly drawn dog' and Snow) really illustrate that. While I love the intricacy and delicacy of the antique doilies I've been working with, they are jarring with my sense of bold pattern and colour and shape.

So with that in mind, this is how Snow is progressing; I've been playing around with it for a little while and it has finally been broken down from a doily landscape to a series of shapes.


Working on this book really put me in mind of what the lovely Heather said in her Crafty Synergy interview about pushing through the point when you want to throw in the towel and trusting your instincts.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. What do they say about inspiration - it's 90% perspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too share that 'two things' thing..i have a bold clashing with fabrics side to me and then the vintage creams, and linen thing as well...i really like the doily use in the picture and i love the colors some of my favorites..

    on another note...did you have a magarita for your breakfast...where did you pull the name Stanley out of..i can only assume that by day my door would be called Stanley but by night he dresses as a lady and hits the stage at Las Vagas with a wonderful drag queen name...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!