Sunday, July 08, 2007

Gone fishin'

I'm on hols for a week. I'm not taking my laptop. I'm expecting withdrawal symptoms in the form of panic attacks. Wish me luck.

In other news: since this blog is all about me,me,me, I thought it would be nice to open up a little space in my side-bar to showcase some of my favourite artists and designers, a little ‘artist shout-out’ so to speak. I’m not sure how often I’ll change it but I do intend to keep it up! I’m going to begin with Mirta Vignatti. I happened upon her studio/shop in Lucca, Tuscany a couple of years ago and couldn't leave without one of her beautiful paintings. I can't put my finger on what I love about them, something to do with their naive quality and the colours. They also remind me of Mexican folk art.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your hols, and thanks for the intro to Mirta Vignatti. I adore Lucca, we stopped off their on our honeymoon in Tuscany nearly 9 years ago. I would not have left empty handed either had I stumbled upon Mirta myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!