Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Yorkshire Sculpture Park + Skinny laminx

I’m back from a wonderful trip to Yorkshire so before I get back to work I can’t help but show you some images from the amazing Andy Goldsworthy exhibition at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.


Above: Wood Room
Below: Leaf Stalk Room


The photos obviously don't do justice to these installations but the Leaf Stalk Room is thousands of horse chestnut leaf stalks, held together only with blackthorns and suspended from the ceiling. It's absolutely stunning.


Left: Stacked Oak
Right: Hanging Trees


I'm very into natural shape and form at the moment as you can see from my egg obsession and my little boy has a passion for pebbles so we have been collecting them in their many varieties. I love all the patterns; ovals within ovals and the thin white lines.



On a separate note; a big thank you to my 'invisible friend' Heather over at skinny laminx who was having a happy day and decided to send prizes to the next ten people who commented on her blog! I received one of her gorgeous magnets which is currently adorning my fridge. I feel very lucky to have found such sweet and talented invisibles since I started my blog a few months ago. Do check out her wonderful shop.

5 comments:

  1. Delighted to be your imaginary... sorry, invisible friend!
    That Goldsworthy exhibition looks quite astonishing. I love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your back, I hadn't realised you'd be seeing the Andy G during your hols, you lucky woman!

    I was planning to go before I got sick, I LOVE his work so much - his 1990 show in Edinburgh blew my mind, especially the twig wall with the hole, to this day I think it is one of the most amazing and beautiful things I have ever seen.

    I love the photo's you've posted of it all, that first one is amazing, really atmospheric and strange, like being in a wooden cave or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing exhibition Francesca, I'm going to look into going. I had my very first date with the lovely Russ at the Yorkshire sculpture park....an anwful long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, it was really wonderful, try and go (that's so sweet about you and russ!). i think the exhibition is on till jan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pebbles/eggs! Will bookmark your blog asap.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!