Thursday, August 09, 2007

A break from the old routine

Firstly, a big thank you to Irene at Bloesem for the sweet post about my work and a big hello to anyone visiting from there. Bloesem is one of the most inspiring blogs around and one of my daily visits so it's lovely to be featured.

In a break from the old routine I thought I would show you two things that are exciting and inspiring me at the moment.

Firstly, I've died and gone to Dotty Dot heaven because I received a package of these gorgeous patterned dots from Susy Jack.



I think I was her first dotty dot customer; she probably put them in the shop wondering who on earth would want these old remnants from one of her projects but I, of course, leapt at them and now I see she has sold a few more. As you see here, I am very into my own dotty dots so I'm looking forward to using these somehow, somewhere, sometime.

Secondly, I finally framed my beautiful Atelier lzc tea towel and I am so in love with it. I was lying on the sofa staring at it yesterday and realised for the first time how many of my favourite motifs are in there: birds, eggs, trees, apples...this must be why I love it so much.

11 comments:

  1. yes, i found my way here from Bloesem. i'm loving all your beautiful wooden books and hope to pick something out from your shoppe soon.
    thanks for the lovely link for the tea towel - LOTS of beautiful things to swoon over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i regularly read your blog, and bloesem, but you are higher up on my regular daily list of blogs to visit so i got to you before i read saw you on bloesem!

    oh my, when i saw those tea towels online at mirrormirror i thought how nice they would looked framed... and now i think you've just forced my hand into buying one because it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that tea towel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes everything at atelier lzc is amazing, i also got my tea towel from mirror mirror, they have a good selection of lzc stuff. thanks for reading ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for posting about the dottydots! I can't wait to see what you make with them...you were the first person to buy a set!!

    ...oh...that TEA TOWEL!! I haven't checked out Atelier lzc's shop yet...but I'm going there, now!
    xo Susy

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey that's funny as i was looking at my tea towel yesterday and telling milly all the things that are on it, eggs, birds, apples etc.
    i love it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday auntie p! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice work, indeed!
    congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea to frame it! It is lovely

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!