Monday, September 10, 2007

Inspiration



I get my inspiration from many places and I'm very drawn to film; title design, production design and soundtracks. I find that I listen to certain types of music depending on what I am working on.
For example, when I was working on Birds and How They Live I listened to a lot of soundtrack music from the 60s including The Taking of Pelham 123 and Barefoot in the Park. I have always loved Barefoot in the Park, not least for Jane Fonda's gorgeous outfits, which I was instantly reminded of when I was choosing the ladies for my book.



I can't figure out how to put audio on here so here are the opening titles to Pelham (they're not interesting titles, but it's a fantastic piece of music...if you like that kind thing).



2 comments:

  1. oh i looove that, it's one of the ones on that great tape i had i think
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Barefoot In The Park! I totally agree about Jane Fonda... (I have a thing for her. And Robert Redford). I've never seen the album cover before. Like that too! And I've never heard of Pelham - where have I been? Thanks for sharing! Will check it out. Great music :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!