Monday, October 08, 2007

London Artists Book Fair



I'm working on this. Although it's just doodling at the moment and I'm not sure what it's going to be yet, but it was one of those things that came to me while I was drifting off to sleep. Blue horses...don't ask me why!


The last few weeks I've been making books for the London Artists Book Fair 2007. I'll be having a stand there so if you're going to be in London at the end of November please come along, there are usually some wonderful artists and very special books to buy from £5 to over £1000. I'll give you more info nearer the time but here is the website.



On a separate note, I had a lovely cuppa with Mandy from Belle and Boo the other day. I'm sure a lot of you know her work, she's a very talented illustrator with a sweet blog and a very popular etsy shop and it was lovely to finally meet her face to face and talk etsy.

p.s. another 'invisible friend' of mine, Janne, has opened her online shop. She's selling beautiful cushions made from vintage scarves. Currently she's only shipping within Scandinavia but she's looking into shipping elsewhere.

9 comments:

  1. belle & boo has some great illustrations. Good luck w/the book fair prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good luck indeed...not that you'll need it Mrs Eliot..my, you are so productive and inspirational. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the book fair...and why oh why do you have to show me your 'invisible friend's' fantastic vintage cushions, sigh...just perfect for my new/old home, and yet not obtainable, sniff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thank you SO much :-))

    I'd love to visit that artist book fair. At the ICA...wow... I hope you have lots of fun doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog... I love your wooden books!!! they're really magical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your blog and visit daily as its so inspiring! I have just created a blog of my own and am not sure of the etiquette here so please my I put you as a link on my site? Is it the done thing to ask? Thanks, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for the Artist Book Fair! How lovely to meet another fellow blogger face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh thank you for the mention Fran, it was so good talking Etsy to a real life person!
    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!