Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Camaraderie and more houses

I am constantly amazed by the camaraderie and generosity in this arty/crafty blogging world (I never know what to call it...what do you call it?). Two sweet things have happened to me recently. Firstly, I commented on Alison's blog that I loved her new work in plaster and she emailed me to say she wanted to send a piece to me to see how they travelled. How could I refuse?

Well, they travel absolutely fine - and here it is. It's so precious and delicate, I'm going to find a space on my wall and put it up today.




Secondly, Kaija from Paperiaarre passed me the Shibumi Award (originally created by Hawk).

Shibumi is a Japanese term which used in the following context is a noun. Its meaning refers to a particular aesthetic of simple, subtle, and unobtrusive beauty which can be applied to almost anything.


Very kind. And with that description in mind, I would like to pass the award on to Anaïs, who has a particularly shibumi-esque blog!

Oh and p.s, did anyone notice the lovely house-inspired etsy homepage this morning?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on receiving the award. Enjoy! Well deserved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always deserve the awards you get, your work is beautiful...and the work from Alison is just gorgeous, thanks for showing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, now I really must update that houses trend!

    Your award is much deserved too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I haven't been over here for a while and you have so many lovely things to read about. It's beautiful xox

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!