Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Inspiration



I'm still working on my horses, a print and a wooden piece. Here is a little clue for my pay it forward giftees. The colour of the grass is definitely inspired by the tussock in New Zealand, I long to go back one day, the light and colour there is very special.

It interests me where I get my inspiration from, and especially when I don't know where it has come from until I am reminded of the source. Here are some trees from my book Lost (on sale at The Shiny Squirrel)...



...and here is one of my favourite sculptures; Edge of the Trees, by Janet Laurence and Fiona Foley, at The Museum of Sydney. See how the words are carved around the trunks.




Talking of favourite sculptures, and for no reason other than it's so beautiful, here's another; Presente. I don't know who it's by but it's in the centre of San Jose, Costa Rica and it's extraordinary. If you know who it's by please let me know, I can't find much about it on the net.


2 comments:

  1. Sissi MinanaƤ12/06/2007 2:18 PM

    hey! it seems to be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sculpture from costa rica is amazing! i would love to know more about it too. your horse is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!