Friday, December 28, 2007

A Ladder to the Stars



This was a recent commission; a Christmas present from an aunt to her new baby nephew. She wanted me to incorporate the lyrics to Forever Young by Bob Dylan and when I read them, the lyrics that immediately jumped out at me were 'build a ladder to the stars...'








I loved working on this one, partly because I was so inspired and started scribbling away immediately, and also because it was for a little boy, of which I have one!

Thank you Hana!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful book. Your work is continually inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's brought a little tear to my eye - it's beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you friends (and sister!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is beautiful. I love it Fran. You are so clever. I also love the print of yours Ladle gave us for the baby. It's in the nursery ready & waiting. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year. It's going to be a hot one here, 38. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is so beautiful!
    Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful book...so lovely. And one of my favourite songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, such sweet words and lovely pictures. your books are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!