Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Snow revisited



Back in June I was working on a book called "Snow! Snow! Come out in the snow." , based on this book here.


Being June, it wasn't very timely and I was struggling with my style. I never finished it although I always loved the snowflake imagery, so I revisited it recently and it has now become two prints.


The 'grass' is another Susy Jack pattern that I thought was sufficiently snowy when used in the right context, and the text in the print below is from the dictionary. I just looked up the word 'wintry' and it gave me this sample text:


This afternoon we may see some wintry showers (=snow mixed with rain) over higher ground.


And I'm a sucker for brackets/parentheses.



Oh and I was inspired to find the font when I saw it on the Elle deco SA blog on a business card for a gorgeous shop called Casamento.

Both are in the shop.

1 comment:

  1. these are so beautiful. i love the moose imagery, the patterns and the pastel colours.
    it makes me wish it was snowing here!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!