Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Random things

Not too much going on work-wise at the moment so here are some random things:

An old sketchbook page of mine.




+++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++


A lovely new blog i discovered the other day. I like it when people do something visually unusual with their blog, this one's text layout is like an e.e cummings poem. And if you don't know grain edit, it's very special.

+++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++

My husband collects vinyl. I like the covers - the square format. Here are two of my favourites.







+++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++


I bought this mobile and it's wonderful. More from the designer here.

+++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++


In The Morning is in the shop now.

9 comments:

  1. I like posts talking about random things that say so much about the blogger. Thanks for sharing. I used to collect vynil records and I appreciate them a lot. Those are truly nice covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi F, thanks for your "hurra"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Francesca, I just bought the same mobile when I was away in Melbourne. I haven't put it up yet, but I think it's gorgeous!
    Just wanted to let you know that I have tagged you. You can read all about it at my blog. If you don't want to follow up that's fine.
    Best Wishes,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the Queen on your SMILE sketchbook page?

    Those LP covers were a much better showcase for graphic art than our modern tiddly little CD covers. Thank goodness someone still collects and values them.

    Oh - that double-decker bus! Sheer nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved yesterday's youtube clip, and thanks so much for the GrainEdit reminder. I'm finding so little time to check all the blogs lately that I'm falling behind. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not the queen, although it does look like her!...I think she's from a Garry Winogrand photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that mobile is a stunner, just lovely, and would probably look quite delightful in my new kitchen!
    just an update on the neighbours situation...susan has ms, cue lots of weird faces and over acting from libby kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'in the morning' is gorgeous!
    love the empty spaces...it's really relaxing to look at. and the colors are really earthy yet still bright....ahh.

    now get off virb and get to work!
    : ) that same thing happened to me...i totally used up a whole day. haha

    xx s

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!