Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Playground train of thought




While we were away we got to see a lot of playgrounds. I loved this brilliant construction toy in the playground in Orstedparken, Copenhagen. Different coloured slats that the children fitted together to make houses or towers. Apart from the brilliant concept, I love the colours and the shapes the buildings make from the different angles. I feel a pattern coming on.



I wonder what it is also about distressed wood that is so appealing. Irene reminded me about Piet Hein Eek this morning.




And in turn, it reminded me of Rosalie Gascoigne.




And in other general playground news, I had no idea that this ubiquitous object was nearly 40 years old! Called The Crazy Hen, it was designed in 1970 by Danish designer Tom Lindhardt. My son loves it.



Two more playground pics.





3 comments:

  1. ohhh, i love that piet do-dah piece, just wonderful...and i know what you mean about distressed wood, gorgeous!
    as for what cluch is, if you hover over the word 'clunch' in my post, it takes you to an explanation of it. clever, eh?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took lots of pics of german playgrounds because I have to make a "book" for the mayor of my village, he asked me for ideas the new playground for childplace… When I saw this coloured house in your flickr, I immediatly falled in love with it, and tought I could ask you to use your pictures for this brief! I find it so perfect dreamful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh fun! I want summer back!!
    That sculpture looks like giant paddle pop sticks and all the crafty thigs you make out of them in Preschool and Kindergarten, how perfect for a playground :)

    what great artworks you posted up :)I studied Rosalie Gascoigne and that exact artwork for my year 12 exams. I also had a look at Piet Hein Eek and love his scrapwood works!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!