Thursday, July 24, 2008

Net & Ball



It was our 10th anniversary last weekend and we were lucky enough to get a window table at Skylon, the new-ish restaurant in the Royal Festival Hall on the South Bank. The food was amazing, but never mind that, the carpets are to die for! First designed in 1951 by Peter Moro, the design has been reissued on wallpaper, mugs, notebooks, you name it, by design company Absolute Zero Degrees.

I can't stop looking at it. It's so simple and modern. Absolute Zero have a nice little history of the design on their website here.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love it too! it reminds me of something, probably an old computer game or something.. No, it's a an old computer programming textbook my dad had from the 70s. Those sorts of designs were freakin' awesome! I really like the colour too, neutral, warm, fresh and vintage all at once.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!