Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Shop Now Open!

Hooray! I've finally finished uploading to my new shop. The Birdie is no more :(

You won't find Mrs Eliot Books much different. I've used the opportunity to get rid of some things, add some new things and to change some prices (some up, some down). Also I have a little 2 for 1 offer going on - the first 5 people to order a print will get another (open edition) print thrown in for FREE! Just let me know which one in your note to seller at check-out.




In other news, when my good cyber pal Lu, over at Blu-Shed mentioned Folksy, a new UK version of etsy, I got very excited, rushed over there and registered. But since it's taken me sooooo long to migrate my old etsy shop over to my new one, I'm not sure I can be arsed to do it all over again. I don't exactly keep my Dawanda shop (euro etsy) up to date.
So I'm interested; is it better to have one good, up-to-date shop that you can concentrate on, or spread out a bit, however thinly?

P.S. If I ever get further than uploading my shop banner to Folksy, I'll let you know!

3 comments:

  1. I think spreading might be essential in the current economic climate. The trick would be to have the appeal and quality in more than one place. Don't they say that there is no such thing as bad publicity???
    Thanks so much for the link, I'm off to sign up too and good luck with the new etsy venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm, tricky this one. i think in your case spreading yourself around is a good thing as you do a fair few prints. the problem comes when (like me) you produce mainly one-off stuff...i've just put three new little canvases on etsy this week and two of them sold...i did 2 more for folksy and there's no way of knowing if there's been a nibble cos they don't put views up...i *sort of* want to put them on etsy to catch the momentum, do you know what i mean?
    on the upside, the listing process on folksy is quite quick and you only need 3 pics of each...maybe next week when you're over your big overhaul?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shop is looking lovely! I have my eye on "The Go-between", it's gorgeous. I love those leafy envelopes, I nearly died when when Lucie (Summers) showed me some! Hope the new venture is successful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!