Saturday, November 15, 2008

Picture Book

Anna over at Colour & Sound has just started her Illustration degree. It's making me very envious, all the experimenting she is doing...it makes me want to go back to school. And she's especially lucky because Martin Salisbury who put together this book...

Playpen by Martin Salisbury


...teaches at her uni AND Sara Fanelli has an exhibition running there and gave a talk.

Pinocchio illustrated by Sara Fanelli


Then Anna told me about a programme on BBC4 called Picture Book about British children's book illustrators, the first episode of which you can catch on iplayer until Wednesday night. It's a wonderful programme featuring all the illustrators I loved when I was growing up and I'm happy to say my little boy loves too.



Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins



*** *** *** *** ***

I wanted to give an un-art related shout-out to my friend Zoe at Bake-a-Boo who made my little boy's delicious cupcakes for his birthday. If you are anywhere near West Hampstead, check out her gorgeous cake emporium and cafe.

Thank you Zoe. x

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! Lovely post, thanks for the mention! I tell you one thing you needn't be envious of...a bloomin' essay that's the bane of my life at the moment! It's only 2500 words but every sentence is a real struggle...

    I only just discovered Pat Hutchins after buying a mini book of "The Surprise Party" in a charity shop a few weeks ago. Her owls and foxes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thanks for that bbc4 tip, i shall be watching that. and yes, those cupcakes were very yummy!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful.
    I absolutely love the flying fox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for that trip down memory lane - just watched it. how gorgeous is shirley hughes? she looks just like one of her characters...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i know, that anna one hey? lucky old bugger - trouble is what with all her studying and generally being clever and creative means i don't get to see her as much as i used to :( bless her cottons, she's so ace.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!