Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Being French



I'm a big fan of Joanna's blog A Cup of Jo and of this too-chic blog Garance Dore, which makes me want to chuck my wardrobe out, throw on a dress, nonchalantly don a large scarf and freeze to death at the bus stop. But you have to suffer to be beautiful, non?


Anyway, here's an interview between the New Yorker and the Parisienne. I particularly like the reference to stripes since i am obsessed with stripes, and in the summer, all three of us leave the house together looking like a family of deck chairs.


And here's a very funny post from the same blog.

To finish, here's a little video. I know Jean Seberg wasn't French but she did French chic pretty well and did star in the Frenchiest of all French films ever.

2 comments:

  1. that's funny, i was looking at the garance dore site just last week and am now in love with it, soigneuse, soigneuse!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that link! I've just spent about an hour imagining that I have lovely clothes... and resolved to do something about my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!