Wednesday, February 25, 2009

To the Forest




Here's 'To the Forest', just finished it today.

I have made just one and I need to figure out whether it should be a one off or an edition. I always want to do more one offs as I think it's lovely to own an original work, but I can make my work more affordable by doing small editions and also, sometimes when I really like something I've made, I don't want to let it go! I need to try and be less precious I think.











p.s. A big thank you to the lovely Irene at Bloesem for blogging about my tea towels today (although I'm really thinking I should have made more effort to get the creases out of my New Collectibles tea towel now. That saying about doing something properly or not at all - I need to adhere to that more often).

We've had a really lovely response from people about the tea
towel article that appeared in the etsy storque a week or two ago, so thank you all.

5 comments:

  1. lovely piece as always.

    "properly or not at all" is way too difficult, i've taken "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good" as my favorite saying, much more relaxing way of accomplishing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! I've been meaning to ask you about your backgrounds actually, are they white paint on wood or is there more to them than that? They look so even yet keep their gorgeous wispy edges...yum!
    Coincidentally, I have a small fir tree project in the pipeline, and I've used clay - can't wait to see if it/they will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous - it's how i often feel in the mornings!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi anna, yes just white paint on birch ply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the ducks Fran x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!