Friday, March 06, 2009

Blue Friday - boo-hoo




I've really loved this colour week. I've loved how much it made me look around and how it made me think about photo composition. I hope you've enjoyed it too. Here's the final group pool.

*** *** *** *** ***

In other blue news. How perfect is this suitcase I spotted on etsy this morning? I love it. If I didn't have a child who has to take at least two fire engines with him whenever we go away, I would use this. Available from jessejamesjake.etsy.com



*** *** *** *** ***

With all these different coloured days, it got me thinking about Synesthesia. Do you have synesthesia? I read this book The Man Who Tasted Shapes at college and it totally blew my mind. It's about people whose senses mix together in some way, so they literally taste shapes and feel colours. I have the thing where letters or numbers conjure up different colours. For instance "S" is most definitely yellow, to the extent that if I knew a Sam with dark hair and a Ben with blonde hair, I would always call the blonde one Sam, because in my mind I find it hard to separate the "S" from the colour.


Wednesday is definitely orange, because "W" is orange. So that worked this week. Number 3 is blue. Thursday is brown. Does anyone else have this? I know my sister P does, we have disagreed before about what colour certain numbers and letters are.

9 comments:

  1. i have loooooooved this week - can we do it every week pls?
    thanks for sharing my strange behaviour - don't tell anyone about my odd and even letter thing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a lovely way to view your week, and very inspiring too. It's so true that there is beauty in the everyday and this colour week has certainly celebrated that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have so enjoyed 'color' week and taking a look at your group pool...you certainly both have a lovely gift for making the 'everyday' seem 'extraodinary'...my eyes have taken in more of my surroundings this week and for that i thank you kindly...

    Tif x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and don't even show me that suitcase...i have a thing for vintage suitcases and this one is the most perfect blue and of course my yarn stash is bulging out of my other cases so it would seem quite sensible to aquire it for my yarn's sake...why oh why Fran did you have to go and show it to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. its been the perfect end to a dreary winter, roll on spring and all its colours. i've really enjpyed taking photos everyday, and have also learnt alot about composition and the beauty of capturing a moment. I loved your pics, they were like mini illustrations, my favs were orange wed, it was my colour of the week. can't do it every week, it would lose it's specialness. but next time we need cheering up, we can enjoy another colour week in our lives..x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that too, but in my head number 3 is red... 4 is green, 5 is brown etc. I didn't think I had it with letters as well, but as soon as I considered it... W is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know what you mean with this, although I used to have stronger sense of it when I was younger. But they do say a lot of children have it but it wears off.
    Interestingly there's a boy in my class at uni who has it and earlier in the year he found it was really affecting his work. We had to design abstract pieces to convey emotion through colour but because he associated the letter A with green, all the his Anger pieces looked very serene! It was fascinating.
    Love these colour photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i find this fascinating too - i knew an amazing (and very hot!) musicican a few years ago who saw musical notes and chords as colours - he used to say things like "no, no, that's not right, it needs to be more green!" to his bandmates! can you imagine listening to music and being surrounded by colour? brilliant! now i'm off to find out where my blog's gone - i came here to check you were still here too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I 'm fan of your color week, a sweet idea;;;

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!