Monday, May 18, 2009

Sue Williams A'Court

Last weekend I visited an open studios weekend and came away with a painting. I first noticed Sue Williams A'Court because of her home, which appeared in Elle Deco a few years ago, and her beautiful house and studio had always stayed with me. So when I saw she was involved in my local open studios event and the opportunity arose to go and visit, I jumped at it.

If you know my work you can probably see what I like about hers, the organic forms, recurring egg/pebble motif, the textural canvases and her inspiration by the objects around her. I am such a colour freak but I am also so drawn to this subtle natural palette. Partly why I loved neutrals week so much.
It was so lovely to have a chat with her about all the above and I felt I had to have a souvenir. I was torn between two works but came away with this one:




Thank you for the lovely tour of your home Sue and for being so welcoming.
Here is Sue's website and here's the original Elle Deco piece.

6 comments:

  1. I can see why, yes.
    This is such a nice painting...something calming about it and lovely subtle colours. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely and yes I can see why you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, her house is gorgeous! and great choice of painting, hope you find somewhere nice to hang it..x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous painting! The house is fabulous too. Thanks for this. K

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!