Monday, June 01, 2009

Miller Goodman/ Tangrams


My goodness...another jawdropping-oh-my-god-moment. Maybe I am the last to know about this but I have just come across this fabulous children's game called The Shapemaker from design duo Miller Goodman. I say 'children's game' but as you will see from the flickr group, this has quite a few grown up fans too. I so love it's retro feel (I was convinced it dated from the late 50s when I first saw it) and how simple yet clever it is.

I want it. And then I want to join the flickr group and have some fun.







***** ***** *****

When I saw this comment on Nath's lovely collages, "I love your art and how much they look like tangrams." I thought, what's a tangram? So I googled it. I don't normally while away my free hours 'celebrating maths' but this is cute.

***** ***** *****

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting in the next week or so but I'll be back as soon as I can. Missing you already! x

p.s. Jesse's mess.

8 comments:

  1. i'm sure we had a tangram when we were little didn't we?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too. I remember seeing them at the 'Kids Modern' show back in feb and they really caught my eye. I didn't know about 'tangrams' either! Hope things are well and you've been enjoying the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I was already really enjoying this post and then I scrolled down and saw you had mentioned me! Thank you dear! I had no idea what tangrams were either. And also had to google them!

    I must have The Shapemaker! I am so full of WANT at the moment! It's very naughty!

    Hope you're doing okay love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shapemaker. I feel like my not-quite-2-year-old every time i look at your blog - "i want that" (said in very whiny voice about everything she sees....)

    Hope all's well with you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so cool. I reckon my youngest could spend some minutes (rather than seconds) playing with this ace toy. I'm gunna go look for it now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wood block game is amazing. I bought it when Tif (aka Dottie Angel) was over in London and we were unleashed in London. It is indeed a big hit the adults and children in this house. Big congrats on your new arrival by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have it! Got it at Kids Modern. It was a straight forward 'got to have' that purchase even if my 3 year old, didn't like it! Needless to say he's not bothered but I like to get it out every now and then and have a little play. It's a design classic!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!