Thursday, July 09, 2009

Desk Thursday / Jump!



I know I have it somewhere. Looking for a picture of me and Xanthe from the Isle Wight '98. I wanted to frame it. I thought it was among this group of pics but no, some other box somewhere. Lucky I have the neg (see below).


*** *** *** *** ***




This picture of me and Xanthe was taken 11 years ago on Compton Beach in the Isle of Wight. It's one of my favourite pictures ever. Such joy. Such youth! So this time we recreated it.



I like that one is winter (well, March I think), and the other is summer. And there are hats involved. It took a bloody long time to get this shot, but we didn't half laugh! Here are some of our rather ungainly outtakes from Xanthe's flickr.


10 comments:

  1. Hee! You pair of nutters. Great photos though. They remind me of this. Looks like you had a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good jumping with you, i think we've improved with age.. lovely post x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What larks! The sea looks pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, especially the 'reject' ones..very funny!
    Happy Desk Thursday (from a different time zone!)
    annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous is this?! Such a great pair of nutters! You've made my day... I think I'll be smiling about this for ages :) K

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like it was such fun. I can hear your laughing as I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some very cheerful jumping! I'm a bit jealous of you, being able to visit a friend's house on one of those beautiful British Islands. So far I only went to the Scottish Isle of Skye, but I'm really drawn to places with such illustrious names as 'Isle of Wight', 'Isle of Arran' and 'Isle of Man'... I love islands in general anyway. How cool that you've already taken little Gus to an island!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess something weird happened to my comment... where did it go?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!