Tuesday, September 22, 2009

W. Plumb - Family butcher

Last weekend was Open House weekend, the annual London architecture showcase. Every Year it goes by with us saying we must go to see something, so when I heard about this on the radio, only a 15 minute walk from my house, I jumped at it!

Here is W Plumb Family Butcher, a beautifully preserved Grade II listed shop. I've been past it on the bus so many times, noticed the old sign but never dreamed it would still be so stunning inside.











The wonderful cashier's booth.

Link


The owner, Richard, fell in love with it at first sight and is now looking for ideas as to what to do with the space. If you have any ideas or want any more info I can forward you his email address.

I was in there for ages, didn't want to leave. Flickr set here.


7 comments:

  1. How wonderful...the floor and cash booth are particularly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!Thanks for showing-
    Annamaria :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that place looks amazing - would love to take some photos there.. photoswithattitude@gmail.com if you could forward details

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am agog. it's incredible, i'm straight off to look at more on Flickr. i have always wanted to do that Open House Weekend, it's such a genius idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. utterly mouth watering...........and that's from a vegetarian who doesn't approve of butchers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow suzie, that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! I went to a few Open Houses a few years ago now when I used to live in London - they were one of my favourite things. Great post - thanks for this :) K

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!