Sunday, March 07, 2010

More cushions/Spring/Agghhh!

I know I keep bombarding you with new designs for envelop but it's pretty much all I have time for at the moment work-wise. And I've got so many unused pattern designs, it's a great way to use them.



Ribbon





Drops



*** *** *** *** ***


There's been so much Spring on all the blogs recently, I thought I would add my twopence.



I was wheeling this Forsythia up the hill on Friday, feeling all sunny about the weather and I suddenly felt a certain type of woman of a certain age, in a certain postcode and I came over all queasy (especially after I confessed to Flora that I fancied Monty Don).


My friend Bee called it 'N8 ennui'. I told her that just the fact that she had used the phrase N8 ennui made me feel even worse. Time to reclaim an edge I think. As long as I keep chanting the mantra "I shall not buy Boden" I will be alright.

20 comments:

  1. Love the drop cushion and too funny. I know what you mean, you suddenly see yourself from the outside and it doesn't look like the person on the inside. Resist the Boden and you will be find. You're too cool to be a stereotype anyway. L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura, you can come back anytime! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran you make me laugh! You really have nothing to worry about, but you could always buy a leather jacket. Something to think about anyway. Lovely pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made me giggle Fran, LOVE the new cushions,

    ReplyDelete
  5. doesn't everyone fancy Monty Don then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, that's very funny - N8 ennui. Love the cushions by the way...alas our sofa is far too scruffy (and generally covered in kid gack) for such classy cushions though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. alas janet, i imagine it's only women of 36 up.
    flora - nonsense! reclaim your sofa from those stinky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Fran,

    just wanted to say a belated but heartfelt thanks for your little package of sweetness you sent. it was very kind and most cheering.

    i am just under the age threshold of falling under Mr Don's spell, and i really feel we must do all we can to resist the artificial lure of Boden. do you get 10 or more catalogues a season? and those quasi-personalised letters from Johnnie? gah! go AWAY!

    lovely cushions, i should do some more. just adding it to my list...

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes nath, i ordered a bikini once (which i must say, i cannot fault) and now, once a fortnight boden this, boden that! beep off with your spotty trench coats!

    p.s you're welcome. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab designs! And the Forsythia is just lovely. As for Monty...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you are quite fantastic yourself! what great blog too

    ReplyDelete
  12. small world! my daughter lives in
    N8!

    ReplyDelete
  13. karen, i'm sure she is young enough to not be experiencing the n8 ennui just yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's tuppence. Not twopence. You and your N8 ways. Gooby ol cow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sally - do it yer sen you dozy bugger. See you in N10!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss Kes. Best film ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYwm5GAfRaU&feature=fvw
    I started watching this for a laugh, but made myself cry.... I'm so old x
    Sally xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Francesca, thank-you for your comment!
    (mmm Monty Don!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cushions. I'm a sucker for cool cushions.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!