Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nouvelle Vague exhib / Grow up woman!



"Herald Tribune! Herald Tribune!" Being a bit of a French New Wave fan, I'm excited about this exhibition.
In my student days - ok, still now - I fancied myself as a bit of a beatnik. All black polo-necks and sitting in Bunjie's reading Frank O'Hara poems with my friend Bee. We must have been unbearable. Sorry.

I've had this poster above my bed for fifteen years! (oh my god, when I counted that just now on my fingers it freaked me out a little bit.) It's gone from a tatty, dog-eared, pin-pricked poster to an expensively framed artwork and I just can't let it go.



I've already had a Jean Seberg moment on this blog so here's Anna. I LOVE her. And I do believe Jean-Paul Belmondo is the coolest man EVER!

I sound about 12.



3 comments:

  1. Ubearable? No surely not. I bet you were just super cool.

    Thank you for your kind words this week. They helped. Love Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree, I'm sure you were way cool.
    Part of why I liked smoking was because I thought it made me look a bit French. I think I was kidding myself! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!