Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weekly catch-up / New stockist - Bake-a-boo


Wow, a whole week's gone by. I think getting Playtime finished and in the shops took the wind out of me! (Is that the right phrase?) And what with only having one morning to work, and that morning having my eldest off school, sick, it wasn't a very productive week. I shall start afresh next week and get Wishboat finished. (Above, a little homage to Kerry's lovely animal photos.)


*** *** *** *** *** *** ***



My dress arrived! It's gorjois! (Pronounced gorj-wah by the way. not gorjoyce.)
Before you ask, I have no idea how that hanger got into my house or even if the Sherry Netherland Hotel still exists. (Hold on...It does! And it looks rather posh.)



*** *** *** *** *** *** ***


The very talented Flora has a new etsy shop. Don't her stained glass pieces look gorgeous in the shop window? So colourful.


*** *** *** *** *** *** ***



I am now stocking a selection of Valentine cards at Bake-a-Boo.

I've known Zoe since she was about 5. She calls me Farmer Fran. I can't remember why. She is the sister of this lovely lady. Yes they're a talented and ok, somewhat attractive family. If you'd asked these two about 5 years ago if they thought they were very talented and really going places (I hope they won't mind me saying) I think they would have shaken their heads. But this is a classic example of knowing your calling and following your dream. Zoe started selling her cakes on a market stall, then took the huge leap opening up Bake-a-boo, and last year she wrote a book! Xanthe joined flickr a few years ago, became addicted, and now she's a professional photographer and a Shutter Sister. If you want it enough, and you are patient, you will get there in the end. Inspiring eh?

Bake-a-boo is at 86 Mill Lane, London NW6

Have a super-duper weekend all. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the animals, and the 'Rosie's Walk' illustration framed...gave the book to Bertie yesterday.
    And oh my oh my, yes...gorjois dress indeed! Is it a good fit? Such a lovely shade of yellow! And yay to the new stockist too. Hope your little one is better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you used gorjois in a post - now i dare you to try and slot soigneuse in somewhere!
    congrats on the new stockist
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY inspiring! I need this pep talk at the moment - so big thanks from me. Love the new word! Will have to practice it more so it just rolls off my tongue like I've just skipped out of that 'somewhat attractive' Zoe's new cake shop ;) We're in London in September (with the girls this time) and I think we'll have to pop in there :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thank you lovely, really sweet message.
    and your cards are perfect for her shop
    happy weekend x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I only just saw this - thank you thank you, you are so LOVELY to do that for me!

    Yes the dress is gorjeaux and now we need to see a picture of it ON!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ... Yes wow is right ... almost 2 years away ... I'm hoping to keep it up after no2 arrives ... one can hope can't one! Nice to be back in blogland.
    ss

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!