Monday, February 14, 2011

Once I had a secret love



A few years ago I used to have a blog with some friends called 'It's a list thing' where each month we had a different list to upload. It kind of fizzled out when we all joined Facebook and there were other ways to communicate and share a joke, but it was bloody hilarious and it would be great to rekindle it.

Anyway, one list was 'people I secretly love', so seeing as it's Valentine's Day, here's my random collection of guilty pleasures, oddballs and old men from about 4 years ago. For my overseas visitors, there are quite a few British references here, but suffice to say, none of them are Brad Pitt. Who do you secretly love?

P.s. This list is very old, I would like to add Jemaine Clement and Adam & Joe to this list.
P.p.s I partly married Ben because he reminded my mum of Louis Theroux.
P.p.p.s I would like to remove Alan Hansen from the list. I've gone off him.

14 comments:

  1. You know me - Jemaine is the man :-) A good number two: Alan Davies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha - love your PS, PPs and PPPS!! I'm with you re Eddie Izzard - otherwise I won't fight you for the rest of yours!! Colin Firth, the guy who played Zen, Chris Martin (sad, I know at my age!!), Mick Jagger, Chris Evans, Charlie Brooker..... (I like a funny man!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start it up again, it was brilliant. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. please please can we start it up again? it really was the best thing ever, got me started on my blog obsession and put many a smile on my face!
    happy valentines lovely sister
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness have just gone back and read it all, love it so much. want to print them all off and put them on my walls!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off the top of my head......Jack Nicholson, Sid from CBeebies, Daley Thompson (showing my age too), the lead in Betty Blue, Morrissey, Keanu Reeves-I don't think I have a type!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you added jemaine... i'm a brett lover, so we both can win :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, this really made me laugh, and actually, it shows you have a 'type', i can totally see why you like J C novelli & louis theroux & dustin hoffman! i can imagine that nigel havers is missing from your list possibly?

    my list would include: tom hanks, jack malone from 'without a trace', sealy booth from 'bones', joseph fiennes, the lead singer from maroon 5, paul rudd. i feel horny now. (joking!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm taking a break from guffawing about Dr Karl Kennedy and Steve Macdonald to comment. Brilliant. Please start it up again and please can I play?

    I secretly love Andy from Cbeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P. S. I'm more of a Brett girl myself. Mike looks a bit like Brett, but less confused.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He he, love this! I want to see the blog! Reinstate it! I'm with you on quite a few of them, but I'll add Jack Dee and I'm sure there must be more, but i have a mind blank. My friends always said I had weird taste in men (husband aside)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just randomly thought of someone else for the list...Kevin McCloud...he's a hotty! Also, thanks for your parking-permit-thought-whilst-doing-pilates...I will look into it. I did wonder. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I've just found your yummy blog today! And whizzing through some of your old posts, thought I needed to comment here .... love it that the kiwi boys Jemaine and Brett are mentioned!! I saw them at a vineyard concert about 5 years ago before anyone knew who they were (they weren't even listed on the acts playing)and went home and googled them straightaway!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!