Thursday, February 17, 2011

Random post 1


A loooong time ago I was tagged. One of those 7 random things about yourself tags. I have done a lot of those so I thought I would just occasionally post a random thing, as and when I think of it. So Random thing no 1 - What's in a name (yes they have titles too).

We have got to that age (37) where we have already forgotten our children's names. We call Gus 'Isi' and Isi 'Gus'. Sometimes when I'm cross with Ben, I'll (from the very depths of my subconscious) call him Polly - my sister's name. And he, in the same circumstances will call me Laura - his sister. Sometimes, very randomly, he will just call Isi 'Jeff'. Isi is used to this so he responds to 'Jeff'. And then, when we are really at a loss (or usually to speak in code in front of them), inspired by Jermaine Jackson's son 'JerMajesty' (not joking), we'll call our children BenMajesty 1 and BenMajesty 2.

7 comments:

  1. That is a random post! But I know where you're at - we've just had a new granddaughter, Ruby, who I frequently call / refer to as Rosie (our youngest daughter). I have three daughters and always used to call them the wrong name...."S, I mean K, I mean R"...was the litany, in varying orders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhah! This really mad me laugh. Is that true about Jermajesty? Mental! I call my sons Bean & Barb. And when I am cross with Dan I sometimes call him Leigh (my brothers name). I think drinking water helps my brain work better... must remember and stop drinking so much tea! lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That is so funny! Family are great, aren't they? So many fabulous quirks. I know a family who had their own made up language and have been witness to brother/sister pulling it out as a party trick... makes one feel positively normal, doesn't it? :)) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waha, so funny! My sister was really crossed when my mum called her 'Iris' because she thought my mother had me in her head always. It took a few months when she found out that I was always called by her name. A lot of the times my mum just fuses the two names together so that she can use just one name. (And I love her for that! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, this made me laugh! You're a funny one...love it! At 32, I am already mixing up the sexes of my children...I keep saying 'good boy' to Maisie...and I have called Bertie Maisie a couple of times. When Bertie was born, I actually found it really hard to think of him as a boy (having only had Maisie), and spent the first few weeks calling him a 'she' in my head! I kept seeing him as baby Maisie. Bonkers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is hysterical, and even more hysterical is isi responding to jeff! i'm concerned that you call ben polly when yr angry - do i need to read anything into this?!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. p, it comes from childhood. i'm not cross with you now, promise. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!