Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wishboat




Hello! Hope you all had lovely weekends. Spent yesterday finishing Wishboat as promised. There is so much work to this lark, as I'm sure a lot of you know. Designing and making the piece is only 50% of it, then it's photographing, cropping and editing images, writing descriptions for etsy, resizing all the images for upload, then resizing again for folksy which only likes square images....blimey, no wonder I've got RSI!





Anyway, enough moaning, I am very happy to show you Wishboat. It's the story of a little boy with his little wooden homemade boat, wishing he had a great galleon instead. It's pencil, paint, and paper on birch ply, and his stripy woolly jumper is a lovely textured card. I will pop it in the shop and try not to be sad if someone buys it! (I'm such a bad business-woman, I've already taken a couple of originals out of the shops because I got used to seeing them on my wall and don't want to lose them!)

If it does sell, I will console myself with a print, also in the shops. (The original is in etsy and the prints will be in etsy, folksy and dawanda asap.)





I'll hopefully be back later in the week with a little WIP. Wishing you all a good week. x

4 comments:

  1. this is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely idea, Francesca.
    Have a sweet evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like business women like you Francesca! (I'm exactly the same) But this piece is gorgeous, I can see why you want to keep it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's so gorgeous, and so sweet. Having bought one of your folding wooden books a while back I know how beautifully made your things are!

    And I agree with everything you say about the admin side of selling on line. I'm very lazy and size everything for Folksy (495px). Etsy seems to accept it quite happily, although I guess the quality isn't as good as it could be.

    I also know what you mean about not being able to part with work.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!