Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Abacus thumbnail


Can't seem to stick to one thing at the moment, no sooner had I started the Blocks, than I had the idea for the Abacus, and that is what I'm working on. I'm like this, 12 different projects on the go so takes me a while to round one up and tie up the loose ends. I get too excited to hold off. This is a little thumbnail, my favourite part so far. It's not strictly 'blocks and boxes' as it's spherical, but it does belong to the series. I got sidetracked into thinking about children's wooden toys and the abacus sprang to mind.

I am spending naptimes and evenings replying to emails, dealing with orders and relisting things. Then schlepping the poor boys to the post office between playground fun. I am actually now enjoying the school holidays but they are blimmin' hard when you have a job like this. I'm sure you'll agree.

4 comments:

  1. I love this, Francesca. It's so vibrant and graphic... can't wait to see what you do with it as well but I'm totally in love with it already :)
    I think it's a great idea to go with the flowing while the creative juices are flowing, but yes, why does it always happen when we are time-poor? ;)
    Happy Easter! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean! Just reopened my shop quietly and to my surprise people come by again, with mails orders... And all I can do is hope for long naps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this too Francesca- and yes- I so totally get you about time issues and children juggling-or time juggling and children issues-at least you still have tons of inspired moments- awesome! :)
    Happy Easterxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!