Friday, April 08, 2011

Vintage cotton reels



I do find myself collecting the oddest things. I was originally thinking of putting these handsome fellows in here fading from green to blue (I've got some gorgeous greeny-blue hues), but then I saw them from above and loved the typefaces and worn labels so much. I think I'm going to start working on a print instead.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Thanks for all your lovely comments of late, especially on the new prints. Chevron is proving especially popular. Thanks to Kerry for sticking it on her blog today, she and Bertie came over on Wednesday and Bertie helped Gus trash the living room, not that Gus ever needs any help doing that.




I've had many blog/etsy related meet-ups recently. So nice when blogfriends become 3d! Have a lovely weekend all. x

4 comments:

  1. Looks nice and lived in! :-) ...Just stopping to say Hi! I followed a link from Seventy Tree! Come visit me too...any time! :-)

    http://poetesswug-thewugsbackyardblogspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect cotton reels too - there's a world of inspiration in vintage sewing notions! Found a beautiful pack of hooks and eyes yesterday (that sounds a bit odd, but it's true).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Loving those vintage cotton reels! From above is just gorgeous. Eagerly awaiting this new print now :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, me too Kylie....I think it'll be reely (sorry) lovely. And I am sorry about the trashing. I felt bad afterwards about Isi's room. Gus can come and trash mine when we're moved! Have a nice weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!