Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Elastic bands

Keep trying to work on (or at least finish) some new things but getting bogged down in admin. Can't quite stretch to an assistant yet though. Maybe when the boys are older they can do my packing for me, they certainly enjoy the qualities of bubble wrap.

Anyhoo, 3 years ago I began work on this.





It almost became a pattern, then got left by the wayside, but I keep going back to it. I love that it started from me dropping one of those massive bags of elastic bands on the floor. I instantly loved all the irregular circles and the different sizes. Since then I've altered the colours and I think these work well together, need a few more though. Will see how it goes but it could be another A3 print.

5 comments:

  1. Love them Francesca- what a great thing to go retreive an idea from so long ago and take it further- I am looking forward to seeing what happens next-xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I walked into town earlier, I saw two red elastic bands a postman had dropped - similar effect.....lovely! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know who's the best pa in the world? me!!
    those bloomin' red postman elastics are being collected by all the kids at school to put on their scooters.....
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there

    Just to let you know your feature ran non my blog today, http://suebulmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/featuring-mrseliotbooks.html
    Hope you like, I love your work
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how unique and interesting. I love how inspiration can come from anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!