Monday, June 20, 2011

Easy tiger

Morning! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We spent Saturday at the Museum of Childhood. So many shapes, patterns, lights, and of course toy nostalgia. They also have a gorgeous Judith Kerr retrospective on at the moment. We had tea with the tiger and Gus tried to feed him bananas. They had a mock-up of Sophie's kitchen with the yellow kitchen tops, and those cups I adore with the blue stars. And when I turned the corner to see Sophie's daddy's chair, I actually welled up. There are also lots of original sketches and illustrations. I would recommend it to anyone in London with or without children. Here are some pics.





10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, wish I could "pop in" and see the Tiger who Came for Tea! It was one of my childhood favs, and my kids loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks lovely! and fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! My favourite book of all time. I think I would well up also. I loved it as a child and now my two love it... such a classic. Plus I have a secret desire to own Sophies mums kitchen. xxLou xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year when we visit London I say we're going to go there and every year we just don't make it! Coming over with my girls this year so hopefully that will make it happen ;) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved that book as a child
    You look like you had fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to go. I particularly love the picture of Gus with the banana, what is going on there? He'll still drink all of Daddy's beer you know. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't these just the best books for childhood memories!

    Saw your comment on little green shed about 'Playing Out' - sure Lou has told you it was them at bristol Docks giving out chalks - you should give it a go where you live because we've had some great fun on closed roads around here after school!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks melanie, yes lou emailed me. it's very encouraging. got to talk to the neighbours...and then the council. hmph! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that book and my daughter does, too. I read it to her a lot. Shame we can't just pop over to London to see the exhibition. Thank you for your pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy memories, I feel like strapping my two 19 year olds into the double buggy and heading down there!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!