Tuesday, June 07, 2011

No skateboard? Who cares. / Etsy currency






Not much work to report as it was half term last week, so we did this instead. Or they did anyway, I didn't have the umph to get up that ramp.


&&&&****&&&&****&&&&


I've changed the currency in my etsy shop to British pound. It just means that's the main currency, but if you view etsy in Dollars or anything else, you get the approximate price underneath. So you still get to see the price in Dollars. It means more reasonable paypal fees for me and much easier accounting. Feel slightly anxious about it for some reason, I'd be interested to hear if it has made any difference sales-wise - positive or negative - from any other sellers who have done it.

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments recently. You have really made me laugh. x

10 comments:

  1. Those photos are fabulous! :) Glad to hear you've been having a good break too. I don't think the Etsy change will make much difference - the currency changes at the end anyway for me... maybe some US feedback would be a different story? ;) Your photo (below) in the DaWanda book is great! I love seeing people ham it up, but yes, I hardly ever have the guts to myself ;) Have a great week Francesca. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first picture! He owns that ramp, even without wheels!

    Looks like they had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely! I love Gus’s face in the last two! Is that the Parkland ramp? If so, Dan keeps saying he’s going to go and have a lonely skate on it (he’s an ex-skater) one evening! I don’t think he actually will. He’d probably break something! As for the Etsy...I’m thinking of reopening mine, and if I do, I too will have £ as my currency. It feels like it would be easier to manage and keep prices consistent with my main Big Cartel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kerry - yes parkland walk. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your men are great! I can feel the fun through the screen.

    (Have you seen this?http://vlinspiratie.blogspot.com/2011/06/mrs-eliot-books.html)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks iris! and for the link. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture is genius!!!X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics of simple fun.
    As for Etsy, I changed mine a while ago and it doesn't seem to have affected sales. It just makes my life so much easier. (although I am having a bit of a quiet patch right now! eek!!) It never stopped me buying in dollars and seeing funny pound conversions, so hopefully it won't affect the dollarcentric buyers either...fingers crossed. Hopefully if more and more UK sellers do it, it will become the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these photos ~ your boys are gorgeous! the making do re no skateboard is priceless xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!