Monday, July 18, 2011

Camden Passage pottering

I had one of those perfect afternoons last weekend with my friend Bee, who is moving to New York very soon. Sshhh, don't say anything. I'll cry...No really.

We spent the afternoon on Camden Passage in Islington, a great little stretch of vintage shops, antiques stalls and cool cafes behind the sprawl of Upper Street. We mooched around lovely knitting shop Loop and found Smug which I'd read about but forgotten where it was. Smug has some gorgeous stock including these wonderful wooden owls by Matt Pugh...





and these triangle necklaces (***TRIANGLE ALERT***) by Lucie Beeston, who I have since found on etsy.



Then to the antique stalls where Bee searched fruitlessly for plastic woodland animal brooches that she swore had been there in abundance two weeks before, and we had some tea and apfelkuchen (yeah, I speak the lingo) at this great Viennese cafe, before catching Bridesmaids. (Wow, that's a brash website, it isn't quite that crass, promise. Ok it has one big gross-out moment but it's also poignant and I haven't laughed so much in ages. Literally tears rolling down our cheeks, unable to breath laughing. It was just what we needed.) We finished up with a cocktail, then dinner at Elk in the Woods.

So if you're planning a trip to London or live here and haven't noticed Camden Passage, it's definitely worth an afternoon of pottering. x

10 comments:

  1. Sounds a lovely day and a street of vintage shops is just my kind of heaven! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wooden owls ...love them! have a nice day all the way from rainy norway : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is the perfect day out! I know from experience... I used to love trawling through Camden Passage, that whole area is just gorgeous. I used to live 5 minutes away :)

    Love the owls and the triangles!
    xx claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I haven't been there in what seems like a hundred years! yes I must come for a visit. Love that necklace. Glad you had a happy wonderful day hun..Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so lovely and those wooden owls are fabulous. Thanks for the new spot to check out in London too - this stretch is definitely on my list for September now :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of those owls! They're so fabulous

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pieces, very inspiring to find a great outfit to go with it.
    Great blog!

    spandexsummer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also a fan of Camden Passage, it's always my treat to lurk around there after seeing off a tearful daughter back to university from Kings Cross. Great vintage clothes stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh! I have such great memories of sunny days spent wandering there… : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need to rent a draughty church hall and get our support group up and running Fran!

    Camden Passage is so lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!