Monday, August 15, 2011

Holiday Snaps 2

So next we drove across France, dropped the car on the border and got a local train into San Sebastian, northern Spain. A long day but worth it. We had been to San Sebastian once before pre-children and loved it. It's got everything - beautiful architecture, fantastic food, plenty of squares for the children to run around, beaches, shopping, and the piece de resistance (for the boys anyway) - a funicular that goes up to the top of a hill where there is a little fairground (that's where I'm looking over excited on the little boat ride). We all had a ball, and our apartment was pretty nice too.

By the way, the second photo down is an ice cream parlour. I was so drawn to the graphics before I even knew what it was, I took a photo straight away. I think it's a brilliant simple design.











10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic trip and you probably passed us on the way. I think you deserve a medal travelling with 2 young children all that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh simply gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely holiday! These photos are so beautiful, Francesca. You have me positively yearning to be in Spain again. Some of the snaps have a *ping* of instant recognition for me. Just loving this :) Kx

    p.s. I have a snap of those graphics on an ice cream place in Milan... maybe it's a chain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. andrea - it was a lonnnnng 6 hours!

    kylie - that's so funny. we are drawn to the same things. i was googling it to try and find out more about the company but can't seem to find it anywhere. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you all had a fab time i am very jealous! plus i am so glad that im not the only person to take random snaps of tiled pavements! ive got some beautiful ones from barcelona! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, I am obsessed with pattern and texture so when you get 3 different types of paving meeting like this, I can't help myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great selection of pictures. It looks like you've had a blast. What brand of shoes are those? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi iris. They are camper shoes. It's a Spanish make but they have stores here and are online. Do they have camper there? X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW. Could you please come along on my next holiday and be Official Holiday Photgrapher? You take the best holiday holiday photos EVER. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great trip - I LOVE the ice cream shop photo. PINNED!

    We're off to France and Spain next week too, can't wait. Hopefully our whingeometer won't be quite so off the scale as it was last year, but I expect there'll be a few moments....

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!