Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The week so far

I know in the normal world it's way too early (nay absurd*) to be talking about Christmas but I always start my cards in August and once I had the idea I was on a roll. Here's a sketch and a little thumbnail and then I won't mention it again till November.




****************************

Been doing some reorganising. A little while ago we inherited a beautiful chest of drawers with dividers - perfect for keeping stock neat and tidy.




****************************

Hope you're all having a good week so far. I wanted to give a little shout-out to Kellie at the gorgeous blog Dear Olive. She uses her blog to write letters to her daughter Olive, keeping a record of their everyday lives. She writes so candidly about the ups and downs of motherhood. I think it's such a gorgeous idea, wish I'd thought of it.


*I've always wanted to use 'nay'. And not in a horsey way either.

8 comments:

  1. Love your card ideas - they look perfect. I love Christmas so much it never feels too early to start thinking about it.
    Love an organised draw - they are best kept in order!!
    Will be checking out that blog too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems too early for christmas stuff but i've seen so many lovely things in the summer sales I have had to get them as christmas presents! So don't worry its not just you!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's that early, I am launching my Christmas stock in my shops in two weeks time. Left it too late last year, so not going to miss the boat this time!. The peek of your cards looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh i'm excited about yr cards already.
    naaaayyy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Francesca, you are so lovely! I'm absolutely chuffed to get a shout out. Thank you. I love your christmas card idea ... although probably not entirely practical to send out from a sweltering Sydney Christmas, but completely gorgeous nevertheless! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi kellie, oddly enough i had warmer countries in mind when i designed them. that's why it's a postcard, but maybe it still doesn't work. so hard trying to do something universal, and not too 'christmassy'! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organised! Waiting impatiently for November and meanwhile loving your chest of drawers :) Kx

    p.s. what's that saying?... "nary a nay in sight" ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, good for you Francesca getting the jump on Xmas! I think I hide from it until December and then go nuts for it with the little peeps. Organisation never factors in.
    Love the typeface you've used, so quirky cute! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!