Tuesday, September 06, 2011

New in - Blocks




Finally, after...oh just five months, I have a series of Blocks prints, which have changed a little bit since I started work on them.







I started off with one print covered in lots of stacked blocks, but it wasn't really working for me, it was too crowded, and even when I took some out and shuffled them around, it felt too claustrophobic. So I decided to break them up, taking smaller sections that I thought worked together and I made five new prints.





There are two A4 prints, which you'll be able to buy separately or as a set of two, and three larger A3 prints.




Here they are in full.



Twenty-one Blocks, A3 print



Nine blocks, A3 print



Four Blocks 1 and 2, A4 prints. Available separately or as a set.



Seven Blocks A3 landscape print

All in the etsy shop. Hope you like them. x

19 comments:

  1. Love love love! You clever lady. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just divine, Francesca. I know what you mean - the more colours the harder it is to get that balance just right. It's just as tricky deciding which one to buy when comparing it with ones you already have! ;) I had my Abacus print open in one screen and the new ones in other screens all over my computer trying to judge how they'd 'sit' together. Anyway, I'm rambling... Beautiful work :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, I think the fours are my favourites... or maybe the nine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for getting them finished!! They look fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they work really well - I love them!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, about time! ;o) These are bloody lovely. Loving the twenty one blocks and the seven blocks landscape. The textures and colours are gorgeous. I dunno how you've found the time! Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you sweetpeas, glad you like them. i'm not sure how i found the time either, been working in the evenings and sometimes at naptime when i'm not distracted by blogs! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are great! You have every reason to be happy with these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are looking lovely, theres a really nice texture to them aswel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, I want, I am off to have a look at your shop .... so happy I found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are SO lovely. i like the nine xo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love them all!You clever artist ,you!!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous - the colours, the texture, the composition. Love 'em x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE them Francesca!! They're fantastic! Must say I also loved your earlier unevenly stacked versions as well. Choosing a favorite is a nightmare. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're gorgeous Fran! Clever indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Francesca!
    I found your blog through Kerry's. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like them very much! They feel very autumny, with these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. totally in love with 9! the others are gorgeous too.
    really beautiful work :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colour and composition of these! Fab x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!