Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Over-analysing in a French accent / All things geekly




Is Julie Delpy actually turning into Woody Allen?



I've been a fan ever since Before Sunrise when she over-analysed her way through Vienna with Ethan Hawke. It's much more sexy over-analysing things in a French accent, don't you think? I'm very much looking forward to seeing Two days in New York.

>>>

If you like things a bit geekly, while I was up in the night with Gus (he had a bad dream about a 'buzzy bee') I listened to this. Stephen Merchant interviewing Jarvis Cocker on an old episode of Chain Reaction on BBC iplayer. I was laughing so much I kept waking Gus up again. So if you're a fan of either gentleman I highly recommend it, at 3am or whenever.

>>>

Two other people I know who like it a bit geekly.

9 comments:

  1. Yes geekly is very cute but somehow so muchly more with a french accent ;) Will listen to link tomorrow morning when the sleepers in this house won't complain. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeky is the best. Was brought up on Woody Allen films and love Julie Delpy, Stephen Merchant and Jarvis Cocker, will definitely need to listen to that interview (preferably without waking up sleeping children!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than channelling a bit of Woody! I love Julie Delpy too, have you heard her songs from Before Sunset? I have the soundtrack and they are just lovely. Liking the geeky boys too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see that film too, I really liked '2 days in paris', love julie delpy. also love stephen merchant, so will check that out! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. jen - i only know the lovely one at the end, the waltz. must download it.

    charmaine - 2 days in new york is apparently pretty much the same film as the paris one. but i don't care, i love her! and stephen merchant. i need to add him to my oddballs pinterest board :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The interview was fun alright, poor Gus for being kept woken first by a bee, then by Jarvis' stories! Only after discovering your blog, I like it here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Jarvis Cocker, I'm off to have a listen! (Have you ever gotten into This American Life podcasts? I haven't - yet - but Shane had me in tears of laughter over a few stories he listened to recently on a long road trip. Sounds so good!) Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS as a spectacle wearing person myself, I am muchly pleased with all the photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. kellie - yes i have listened to this american life, ben also introduced me. it's great. i'm all for midnight podcasts, it's the only thing that gets me through those wake ups. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!