Monday, June 11, 2012

Inspiring Designing women

Good Morning! I hope you checked out the video from the Flow ladies on my last post, because I've got more inspiration today. On Saturday I met the lovely Miss Xanthe B for a mooch round London Bridge and this amazing exhibition: Designing Women ~ Post-War British Textiles. Scroll down to see the gorgeous old-meets-new feeling of the area and then some snippets from the exhibition.

Seeing a panel of Lucienne Day's Calyx pattern close up was pretty amazing, almost like meeting your idol in person. I just wanted to dive in! What was great too, was seeing some of the colour palettes. When I was working on my new Paperchain project, I was really trying to stick to a restricted colour palette, but I found it really difficult. Some of this work made me want to try again. 2, 3 or 4 colours can work so perfectly together, it's really all you need.
Here are some instagrams of some of the beauties on show.


After that we had lunch with another best buddie Naomi, who created the fabulous Little Bird. We talked business and blogging and really inspired each other. I'm lucky to have such great, creative women around me, so it was the perfect exhibition to see first.

Designing Women is only on for another week (ends 16th June) so if you're in the London area and are a fan of Lucienne Day, Marian Mahler et al, try and get there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.s. catch me over on 20 Best Twenty talking Popsicle Love (a post I wrote before Autumn came back to haunt us here in the UK!)

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thanks for sharing part of this exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I tried to get down there twice last week, but the torrential rain stopped us! Really want to catch that exhibition, so will have to trudge down there with Bertie this week. Glad you had a nice time - lovely pictures. Thanks for your support and comments on the lomo issue too m'friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a brilliant exhibition. I went to see the robin and lucienne day exhibition in chichester and it was just the most gorgeous thing, it's so weird being up close to something you have loved from a distance! somehow the colours felt more vibrant and the designs more striking in person. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great I must go and have a llook, great photo's too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately not in the London area or anywhere near it. So thanking you especially for getting a glimpse of this exhibition. I would have loved to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous looking exhibition, wish I could go but I don't think I'll get there before the 16th. Thanks for sharing your pics : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad i could share for those of you who can't get there.

    kerry, good luck with the rain and bertie. hope you make it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing this- xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post lady :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fab. Haven't braved a trip to London with baby in tow yet...I feel one may have to happen soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so fabulous... I'm gulping back my envy. Thanks for sharing/showing - good to see and your fabulous photos too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness - these photographs look wonderful. Sadly I did not get to the exhibition (though I wanted to and very pathetically put on my own display in the front room to compensate...). That dress looks doubly amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!