Monday, July 09, 2012

This moment

How old do these two look? Really. Let me tell you, they are six. Six! I think they look about twelve!



This is my Isi and his best girl Belle. Belle and Isi grew up together, till last summer when her family went back to Brooklyn. (But we won't dwell on that.) Since they arrived for a visit, they have just seamlessly clicked back into things, much like her mum Bee and I, one of my superbest girls, since school.

Ben took this pic on the way back from lunch yesterday. What a moment captured; Isi's unbuttoned shirt (he thinks he's Indiana Jones), the way Belle is looking at him.

We were imagining them in ten years, sending long involved emails across the pond, and having awkward moments in quiet rooms. 

Time is passing too quickly.

12 comments:

  1. OMG this is too gorgeous! Wouldn't it be amazing if they ended up together and had one of those 'When Harry Met Sally' portrait moments with the old couples talking about how they met and how they came to be together :))
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! My Max met a girl on the first day of reception and came home and told me they'd get married when they're grown up. 3 years later they are still convinced they'll get married and have kids! I can't imagine how upset he'd be if she moved away. I know what you mean about them looking older, I can't believe the size of Max and his attitude is distinctly teenagerish at times! Happy Monday Fran. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is just the loveliest picture. Perfect.

    I love that they managed to go back to where they left off. That's got me a bit tearful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cool for school, the pair of 'em. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest photo. They make a good pair and your son is so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo! Those images where you catch a glimpse of the grown up people that our smalls might become ... heart bursting! Hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all. of course we secretly think about them getting married. but they'll probably end up slightly awkward platonic friends! oh well, you never know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they are so cool!! And at 6! (Is it weird that they look more rock n roll than I have ever been?!)

    That's such a great pic... and I love the idea that if they were to get married (you never know) it would be one to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've perfectly summed the photo up. Snapshots like that really are where it's at. And Indiana Jones? Yes! I watched the films the other day and hadn't realised how funny/cringe/funny they are.

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute picture. And I get goose bumps from your story..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy, that is sooo sweet! The whole tale in one shot. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!