Friday, August 10, 2012

About my new interview series - Paperchain



You may have noticed a little 'Coming soon' button down there in the sidebar called Paperchain. If you haven't, it's all about a new interview series I'm starting on the blog which I'm excited about. Here's what it's all about...

The idea for Paperchain came to me organically. I had been really inspired by the journeys of creative women and the great advice and stories they had to offer. At the same time meeting with my brilliant creative girlfriends, having brunch and brainstorming ideas for new directions and collaborations.

Particularly inspiring were the Swiss Miss talk on the Power of side projects, The Conversation and the women behind Flow Magazine.

Thinking about an interesting way to get inspiring women to share their stories, I suddenly remembered the Radio 4 programme Chain Reaction, in which each week, guest 1 (usually a comedian) would interview guest 2, then guest 2 would interview guest 3 and so on) and the idea for Paperchain came to me. Each month (or however often we could do it) the baton would be passed from the interviewer to the interviewee, thus creating a chain of interviews from one inspiring creative woman to another.
The idea - to be drawn out of your blog circle (which is so easy to get stuck in) and 'meet' people you didn't know before, instead of seeing the same interviews with the same people all the time.

I'm a great believer in the power that one interview or even one sentence can have on you.

While this idea came to me, and I was thinking of a title to really solidify the idea, I was working on this illustration, a Paperchain, and suddenly it all came together.

I hope the chain will keep it's momentum but if it comes to an abrupt halt, I can just pick it up and set it down in a new direction. And I hope that there will always be creative women happy to share their stories.

The baton is already being passed behind the scenes, so I will be posting my first Paperchain interview soon, which I'm thrilled to say is with Elisabeth Dunker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be away from the blog for a couple of weeks but I've scheduled a couple of posts and I hope to be sending in some holiday snaps too. x


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea. Love it and can't wait to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea! Looking forward to reading the interviews. Enjoy your break! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea Francesca! I am looking forward to some great interviews.
    Have fun on your holidays;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fantastic idea, I look forward to reading them and finding some new inspiration : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea Fran! You are amazing - it will be a great success I'm sure. Looking forward to reading these. I love Elisabeth's work so much. Inspired and inspiring :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I can't wait! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting idea! Enjoy your holidays and look forward to hearing more about it when you return! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fantastic! Really looking forward to it. Have a fun holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fantastic - what a brilliant idea.

    Hope you're having a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab idea! Can't wait for the first read x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab idea! Can't wait for the first read x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!