Monday, December 03, 2012

Recently on Instagram


A glimpse of how the weekends are turning out as winter creeps in. I say 'creeps' but it pretty much descended with a large thud a couple of days ago. Properly cold. So there's a lot of hot chocolate, fire making, munkling* around at home and braving the woods when we can. 
I'm sitting here right now under a blanket with the laptop warming my thighs! And very thankful for our new wood-burning stove.

Hope you all had lovely weekends, we had Isi's best mates 'the twins' for a sleepover. He's exhausted. And so am I ;-) x



*yeah it's a word.

9 comments:

  1. YAY you got a stove! I bet you've now become obsessed with wood! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are lou! ben pokes the fire obsessively too. it's his new hobby! x

      Delete
    2. I'm getting Dan these for Crimbo - he will be in fire heaven without having to go to the woods. http://www.re-foundobjects.com/product/view/1252591342?cat=17 and a bag of marshmallows too. x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos! It does look properly cold... so envious :) I am melting in a sweltering pool of hot here... 39 degrees tomorrow (celsius!) Love the sound of your new stove. Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! we are so on opposite sides of the world kylie! i could do with a day of 39 degrees right now :-) x

      Delete
  3. A stove makes such a difference and comes in handy too when your water and gas pipes freeze! Keep warm and enjoy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a stove too! we had our first log fire of the winter last night, had to turn the heating off though v x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weekend over your place looks like fun, and love the 1st picture by the way! I am very much like you at the moment, although instead of a laptop I have a hot water bottle constantly with me, I never feel warm these days hope it will improve! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Munkling is a GREAT word. We have an Uncle Munkle in our family (my brother in law), but I had never thought of turning it into a verb. Shall use it liberally from now on, if that's ok with you.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!