Thursday, March 21, 2013

Illustrators we love - Alice Melvin




Oh my goodness we love this book! The story of a little girl with a big shopping list, beautifully written and illustrated by Alice Melvin. The beauty of the book is the dollshouse-like illustrations, you get to peep inside every shop she visits and get lost amongst the shelves. And there is such a lovely surprise at the end.
I would highly recommend it, both my boys love it. 

Alice has a website here where you can check out all her books and projects, and her shop is also gorgeous - look at this dollshouse kit! I'm ordering one immediately, Gus will not be able to contain himself!



7 comments:

  1. Yes her work is wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a gorgeous book and I love her shop - the puppet cards are lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny enough I just bought her Bird poster for Bertie! I love her work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. did i give that to gussy? so lovely isn't it? that house has been on my personal wishlist for a while! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her work so much! Have been meaning to buy her Owl Glove Puppets for ages...will add this book to the wishlist too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fantastic! Thanks for posting I'll keep a look out for it. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!