Monday, April 15, 2013

Back from New York - Brooklyn pics

Hello my lovelies, we're back from NYC. Hmph. The first time in a long time that I haven't been quite ready to return from a holiday. And it was a long one too. I guess we just bedded in! If you don't follow me on instagram, here are some pics from the last couple of weeks. Brooklyn today and next time Manhattan.

We stayed in Park Slope again, where our friends live, supposedly one the the most livable neighbourhoods in the world, and I can see why. I had a strange sensation that it was some kind of parallel life, doing the school run with my friend Bee, grocery shopping, Ben biking around town. If I wasn't such a homebody, I would live there in a shot.
We hung out, played games, ate too much frozen yoghurt, visited many playgrounds, walked a lot.
Below are scenes from Dumbo, Carroll Gardens, Williamsburg, Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights. And at the bottom, that's me and Bee.

Hope you all had a good Easter break. The sun is shining...woo-hoo!  Hope I brought spring back with me.

 
 
 
 








13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Makes me want to start planing a trip stateside :) Really love those tile shots especially, and the record shop and the kids together, oh and Superman too of course ;) Great photo of you and Bee. Okay, so they're all great. Glad you had a nice break :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing these on Instagram and I think it's great you showed how a city can be such a brilliant home for a family. Did you have an apartment/house to rent out there? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jen, yes we rented an apt from airbnb. had a lot of character and opposite a playground. pretty perfect! x

      Delete
  3. Oh what a totally awesome holiday!!! You lot do look at home there... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lou, it was indeed 'rad' ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love the instagrams, it looks and sounds like a great holiday and in a way you really made me want to take a holiday to a crowded big city (or even move there)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, i love a crowded city personally! as long as you live in a quieter, cool neighbourhood, it's worth it. i'm not a country girl! x

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! It looks like a fantastic holiday. I do feel a bit wanty now though. Suddenly Bridport looks decidedly boring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. london is boring compared to that flora! x

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing, glad to hear airbnb worked out as we are using the site for a house at next half term. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, loved seeing these on Instagram. Looks like you had a brilliant time. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, I didn't even explore Brooklyn when I visited... I have to go back now! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!