Friday, May 24, 2013

Aunt Lilli's oven glove


This is the last drawstagram* of the week. Every time I get Ben's Aunt Lilli's oven glove out it makes me smile. It's vintage and current all at the same time. And it's lovely to have family things, whether it's something precious like jewellery or just a plain old oven glove! Things with meaning.

Ben's family is also part of an exhibition at Calvert 22 which explores 'the histories, both personal and collective, of the Calvert 22 building and surrounding area.'

They appear in the form of a sound piece by Cathy Lane, who recorded every member of the family talking about visiting or working at their old wholesale business in the same building. It explores family memories and stories, how they get passed down or altered, or lost.


************
 

Have a lovely weekend. It's peeing down here. And cold as hell. (Actually hell is hot so I don't know what I'm talking about. I also refuse to talk about the weather ever again. Goodbye ;-) x



*I'm calling it drawstagram until someone suggests something less irritating.

9 comments:

  1. These are so great! Do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great, love the colours in this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also thoroughly enjoying these 'drawstagrams!' Love Aunt Lilli's oven glove! So nice to see you earlier - I'll miss you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll miss you too my lovely :-( very sad face. xxx

      Delete
  4. This is a great image Fran, I love Aunt Lilli's oven glove! Wonderful colours. Have a great weekend, despite the bloody rubbish weather! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous idea... keep'em coming xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This should so be a tea towel. I love it. If you make it, I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!