Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Postcards from Portugal & a little film

From Italy we flew to Lisbon, caught the train to Faro and a taxi to Olhão, where Ben's brother has a place. I love going to a couple of different places on a summer holiday, Ben and I travelled a lot before we had kids and didn't want that to stop. The boys are generally very good (despite some whining of course) and it means we don't get bored of a place. Plus the 12 days we were away seemed a lot longer.

Olhão is a crumbling old fishing port with so much character and tiles tiles tiles galore! Most of the townhouses that filled the narrow streets were covered in them, from traditional to the grooviest 70s designs. The modern buildings (see the apartment block below) even keep up the tradition.

A boat trip from Olhão takes you to Culatra Island, a quiet, duney, heavenly beach. Here's my homage to our time there and below, many pictures of tiles!



















6 comments:

  1. Oh Fran I loved this video. It captures the spirit of your holiday so well. The boys are both looking so grown up now - love their sunglasses and face pulling antics! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those tiles and the video is perfect, looks like an amazing place and that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - such a lovely way to capture your holiday. Those tiles are all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous video, and those tiles are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honest, I am well jell of your globetrotting. But you are inspiring me to take my lot away more when they are a tiny bit older, a nice thought. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. About to go pin crazy on those lovely pictures of tiles :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!