Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Autumn Luxe for Most Wanted

Lucky me, I have been window shopping for Most Wanted again, the online magazine for vouchercodes.co.uk. These briefs are so much fun - choose an AW13 trend and find some high street pieces for a budget of £80. 80 squids you say? Oh yes, it's do-able. I chose an Autumn Luxe theme of rich dark colours, metals and texture. And here's what I found. Elle Deco eat your heart out!

 
1.John Lewis £28 / 2.H&M £6.99 / 3.Marks & Spencer £3.50 /  4.H&M £3.99 / 5.John Lewis £25 / 6.Habitat £10



Cushions are always the easiest way to change the look of a room. I chose the John Lewis Fragments cushion because of its smokey colours and faceted shapes. Then I complimented it with a really affordable ocean blue velvet number from H&M.

Just changing the handles can be a clever way to modernize doors or drawers. Lots of places have these kinds of decorative knobs, like these Mercury Glass ones at M&S.

I love the metalwork design on this H&M cup with no handle (my favourite type of cup!). You could also use it as a candle holder or just for display.

Copper seems to be everywhere but it's tricky to do it economically. However I found a gorgeous hammered bowl / tealight holder at John Lewis and this really affordable Pendal pendant light fitting from Habitat.

There were so many other things I could've chosen like this lovely bottle and this cosy cushion. You can mix and match :-) 







2 comments:

  1. that faceted cushion is just divine...would go perfectly in my living room...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking that faceted cushion too! Though I'm banning myself from more cushions at present you can barely fit on our sofa anymore!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!